It’s time to think outside “the box” when it comes to superior hosting
It’s a tired cliché, but when it comes to WordPress hosting, being inside the typical box is bad news.
Really great web hosting is carefully controlled and optimized to a certain set of conditions. Those conditions are based on the particular client and the particular website, not the hosting company’s quarterly profit targets.
Most hosting companies throw anyone and everyone together on generic servers (boxes) to maximize profits. That’s why most generic web hosting is very cheap, and not very good.
Here’s why we are very good at hosting WordPress sites, and worth every penny.
Synthesis outperforms generic web hosting by optimizing your site in two critical ways:
- Our servers are specifically configured for WordPress in ways that were once only available to those with either mad technical skills or big budgets. The result is the ability to handle the high volume traffic spikes that you’re experiencing (or hoping for).
- We eliminate the nefarious “hidden” drag on WordPress performance, which is shoddy code in theme design. We optimize that experience for sites that use the Genesis Framework for WordPress, which allows us to tweak further for optimal results. You might have a custom-coded design or one based on another framework that’s got clean code for optimal performance, and that’s cool, too.
Synthesis brings you what were at one time considered “insider” hosting configurations that boast technologies including NGINX, APC, and PHP-FPM. Not sure what that means?
Bottom line: As a managed Linux solution for WordPress, you don’t have to understand what those silly acronyms mean to get world-class performance when your content attracts big attention. We run our own high-traffic, mission-critical websites on these exact configurations … because they work.
- Headless configs that remove all overhead including CPanels, unnecessary modules, and dynamic configurations.
- 100% managed Ubuntu based LAMP stacks including NGINX / PHP-FPM only and NGINX / Apache reverse proxy configurations.
- VPS built on OS Virtualization providing the smallest virtualization footprints in the industry.
- Featuring 64 bit HP Servers connected to premium bandwidth and RAID 10 SAS technology.
- Custom NGINX rewrite rules designed for W3 Total Cache.
- Shared stacks are limited to 12 or fewer sites on a single VPS.
- Designed with Genesis in mind.
- Dedicated VPS have their own stacks and DO NOT share infrastructure.
- Multiple Class A addresses available for maximum isolation and SEO benefits.
- Custom configurations available including 8GB+ VPS’s and multi-server clusters.
In the real world, the same things that drive performance are complemented by smart security measures. And yet, you don’t want someone mandating your plug-in decisions (which is becoming rampant in the WordPress hosting space).
What you want is rock-solid front-line defenses, and smart advice so you can make the right decisions for your unique needs.
Our architecture is designed to maximize security and performance, while providing flexibility for business owners to ultimately make their own real-world decisions. We follow through with proactive monitoring, patching, and constantly evolving innovation to stay one step ahead of the bad guys.
Here’s our three-tiered approach:
- Our audited, locked down configurations protect you without hindering your publishing productivity.
- Our network level DOS/DDOS protection gives you peace of mind when some jerk tries to use a common attack to make you lose uptime and money.
- Our exclusive Synthesis Security software proactively blocks hack attempts without hindering performance or subjecting your visitors to obnoxious false positives.
- Minimalistic Linux configurations designed specifically for WordPress.
- Removal or root level lock downs of both information sources and vulnerabilities favored by hackers.
- Proactive detection of DOS, DDOS, Slow DOS, Remote File Inclusion, Cross Scripting, SQL Injection attacks and more.
- System wide file scanning for vulnerabilities, hacks, and back doors.
- Isolation at the virtual host, virtual server, and physical server levels.
- Administrative level lock downs based on keys versus passwords.
- Physical access security for administrative staff, server data centers, and backup data centers.
- PCI Compliant billing systems and secure storage and exchange of system credentials.
- Multiple third party security audits.
You’re creating content to attract attention and traffic. What if you actually succeed?
What if some bigshot tweets your content, or a major website links to you, and your site goes down in flames. You’ll look like an amateur, to the extent anyone can see you at all (which is not at all).
We understand this because we’ve made all the mistakes while building multiple high-traffic business websites for ourselves, way before we ever got in the hosting business (unlike just about every hosting company you can name). Synthesis was created as an in-house necessity by internet entrepreneurs, professional bloggers, and maniacal Linux gearheads who eat, sleep, and breathe web traffic.
Now, we’re here for you with real-world solutions, business-class support, and practical advice. This is why Synthesis hosting is the ideal WordPress solution for the people with websites that mean business.