In the welcome email that every Synthesis customer receives, there is a link to download our recommended settings for W3 Total Cache.
To import these settings into W3 Total Cache in your site’s dashboard, follow these steps:
1. Make sure our recommended settings are downloaded onto your computer.
Starter Plan: Click here to download them now ( Right Click, Save As ).
VPS Plans*: Click here to download them now ( Right Click, Save As ).
* – VPS Plans include all Synthesis Plans other than the Starter Plan.
2. In the sidebar navigation menu of your site’s dashboard, click on the link for General Settings under the Performance tab.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of W3TC’s settings page. You will see this:
4. Click on Browse and locate the settings file on your local drive to upload it.
5. Click upload.
6. Once you have uploaded the file, you may be asked about “Preview Mode.” If so, click on the option to disable it.
7. Clear all caches for your new settings to take effect. (Please give the plugin 24-48 hours to rebuild your cache and it should clear any warnings you see.)
8. Check to make sure the settings imported correctly.
To do this, scroll to the top of the Settings page you are on. You should see Page and Browser Cache enabled, while Minify, Database, and Object Cache should all not be. If you don’t see this, upload the file again.
If you do see this…
9. Give yourself a high 5!