Simple Domain Mapping for Multisite WordPress Installations
If you're managing multiple WordPress websites in your design or development business using WordPress MU, you'll love the Professional Domain Mapping plugin.
Ron and Andrea Rennick built it in 2008 because they wanted to simplify the way domains are mapped into WordPress multisite installations.
They developed the plugin based on their experience in running WordPress multisite networks and Ron's experience as a contributor to the merging of WordPress MU into the WordPress 3.0 core.
In 2011, Ron and Andrea joined Copyblogger Media, bringing this plugin into the Copyblogger fold.
What the Professional
Domain Mapping Plugin Does for You
Professional Domain Mapping allows a WordPress multisite "Super" Admin (the person with the keys to the kingdom) to map a domain name onto any one of the subsites in his or her installation.
All Synthesis Managed WordPress Hosting installations include a copy of the Professional Domain Mapping plugin and its companion eBook.
Our Advanced Plan and Enterprise Plans are geared toward providing the best speed, performance, and security for WordPress multisite networks.
Our support staff will customize your setup to support the exact needs of your WordPress multsite network.
Here's what the plugin does:
- Works in either a subdomain or subdirectory WordPress install
- Supports multiple domain alias records that redirect to a primary mapped domain
- Completely transforms the site settings to those of the mapped domain
- Domain mapping can be rolled back with the site settings restored to their original state
- Does not give the option to domain map the main site in any WordPress network in the install
- Shows the mapped domain on the Super Admin’s sites list
- Does not support remote login; m apped domains must be logged into separately